It can be challenging to find ways to move and stay active during this difficult time. Thankfully there are quite a few options for free or discounted guided movement activities. We have gathered a few ideas for you below.
– Yoga app DownDog has offered FREE subscriptions to teachers and students when you sign up using your .edu email address, as well as FREE subscriptions for healthcare employees when they sign up using their work email.
– Check your local gyms and yoga studios to see if they are offering online virtual sessions — get your movement in while supporting local businesses. Some may even offer these group sessions for free!
– Yoga For Kids Daily Fitness app is free and a great option for kids to learn easy yoga poses and get some energy out.
– TheBe.Come Project — which combines pilates, dance and yoga that you can do at home — is offering a discount on your first month by using code: STAYSAFE
– Connect with your local BeachBody reseller and try out one of their at home workout DVDs.
– Order online some at home workout equipment like kettlebells, dumbbells or resistance bands so you can get a sweat session going without leaving your home. If online retailers are delayed, try posting in your local Buy Nothing Facebook group to see if anyone has some nearby that you could pick up, sanitize and use at home.
– While going to the gym isn’t an option during a shelter in place, you can still get outside and go for a walk to get some fresh air. Be sure to give yourself plenty of distance between anyone else that may be doing the same, but enjoy some nature and get your steps in.
Staying active and moving is not only good for your physical health, but it has mental health benefits as well. Try out some of these ideas to help lower your stress, burn some energy and get some movement in.